Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Shanghai (5C) - Firefly, Le Semaine Francaise and an unnamed Wine Bar


June 17, 2010:

So after walking around the French Concession all day, Angie and I decided to go get ourselves a nice massage. If you're ever in a city with one of these spas, go to Firefly. They're the best! I got a one-hour Chinese-style massage vs. the Japanese shiatsu and then spent time getting a mani/pedi. Angie got an hour long foot massage and an hour long massage also... we were very relaxed after a long day walking around in the heat...





I left feeling refreshed but Angie had been released 10 minutes earlier so I figured I'd stroll around and see what there was to see, and eventually I would run into her... so I took a look and two blocks from Firefly was a little street that had been blocked off for "French Week" I looped back and found her and we made our way back to the tents where I had just missed her...





Since I like La Creperie in Chicago so much, it warmed my heart to see one at this festival... though the Shanghai version....





Yup, a table full of Madeleines...


Used to work at CCH with a guy named Dodd... good guy... don't know where he landed... this is the Chinese Fairy Princess version of Dodd apparently...









Of COURSE there was a Monty's steakhouse!





We then decided to go get a glass of wine, what with all the French-yness around. And we stumbled on this place that was having Happy Hour but we ended up getting a Wine Tasting for 158 RMB- 9 different glasses, and let me tell you... this place had long pours. Though, I'll tell you we walked in, there were dark windows and I'm not sure we even ever knew the name of this place.

We watched some World Cup, stayed til it was dark, made a new friend, "Steve" and hung out for quite a while. Then we took off and ended up going to Bistro 30 around the block from our hotel where they were showing the USA game and got pizzas and maybe a little beer.

Oh, and this Restaurant/Hotel was around the corner from our hotel... and they had these poor valets dressed like Scots... restaurant doesn't look too busy. I really wanted to know if he had seen the Skittles commercial.