Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sabrina's Sweet Potatoes

I don't like sweet potatoes and we never had them growing up for holiday dinners but many friends who I was cooking Thanksgiving dinner for would talk about how they loved sweet potatoes as part of their Turkey Day dinner growing up. I just didn't make them. But, when a former co-worker, Sabrina, swore by this recipe... her family, she said, fought over it... I thought I'd give it a try. Not only did I love it but she was right- it was a big hit and now it graces all my holiday tables and is always requested by my friends. Thanks Sabrina!

Sabrina's Sweet Potato Souffle

Blend:


2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (29 oz can or 2 15 oz cans)
3/4 stick of butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon


Topping:


1/2 cup flour
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans


Blend the first 6 ingredients and and pour into a casserole. (Can prepare the day before and cover leaving it in the fridge). Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes

Crumble the topping ingredients together. After the 20 minutes, remove the casserole from oven and sprinkle topping over top. Return to oven and bake and additional 10 minutes or until set.

No comments: